Saturday, December 12, 2009

Nutracker 2009

Yes, you read the title correctly...it's Nutracker time! Two years ago when Olivia was Clara, the Studio made an error on the production posters-they misspelled the Nutcracker. It's now a running family joke. This year, Olivia graced the stage at the Smith Opera House in four roles...Dutch Doll (magical doll in party scene), the Mouse Queen, a Snowflake and the Dew Drop Fairy! Two roles were done en pointe. As always, her smile and grace on the stage were a joy to watch. Below are some pictures Dad and I took at dress rehearsals, some behind the scene shots from Olivia and a little video of the Dew Drop dance. The Nutcracker has been a Christmas tradition for our family for over 20 years (eeks! That makes me feel old...I was 8 when I first danced in a production of it!) Dad and Grant were even a part of the cast a few times. Between Olivia and me, we have danced to almost every single song...and it still never gets old. I love the story, the magic and the music. It always puts us in the holiday spirit! Enjoy the pictures and video below.

First up, Dutch Doll:


Mouse Queen: Snowflake: Dew Drop Fairy: Behind the Scenes! Friends and family after the show (our aunt Ann and cousin Harvey came to see Olivia!) Check out the video below! The quality isn't great because I just took it using my digital camera but it's still a fun thing to watch. It's the end of the Waltz of the Flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment