Sunday, October 30, 2011

What about prom, Blaine?

Last May was Olivia's Junior Prom. I don't really have much to "blog" about...I just wanted an excuse to share some of her prom photos with everyone! I'll give you a little back story about the dress...

As you can see from the posts about this past spring, everyone in the Howard Family was pretty busy. Shopping for a prom dress had to be done on a limited time schedule. Mom, Olivia, and I headed up to the mall one evening to start looking. We went to all the major department stores, found a few dresses she sort of liked but nothing that was really perfect. We happened to stop in Cache as we were leaving. It was close to closing time so Mom and I rushed around the store grabbing dresses. Olivia found two she really loved and Mom wanted to buy one right then and there, but I said we should wait for Dad's opinion. When we went back a few days later Dad walked in, pointed at the dress on the mannequin in the middle of the store and said "that one". Sure enough, that's the dress she ended up with!
From the front...
and the back!

The up-do

close up!
This style (mermaid?) looked so great on Olivia. The other dress she loved was also in the mermaid style. Olivia went with her friend Jeremy (owner of the infamous "Dragon Car")

Posing by the car
leaving for Prom!
and their friends Krista and Jeff..
Jeff, Krista, Olivia, Jeremy
For pictures they all met up at their friend Zoey's house. There was a huge group of kids and it was so nice to see everyone all dolled up!
Big group gathered at Zoey's!

Olivia, Krista, and Kelsey
Olivia and Zoey
Olivia and Matt-Junior Class Pres and VP


Olivia and Kevin
I can't really give you a running commentary of the night, but I do know that Prom was at the Quality Inn in Newark and Olivia said the dance floor was packed the whole night!I got a text from Olivia toward the end of the night telling us that she won Prom Princess! It was so exciting and the tiara was a nice addition to her collection. :)
Olivia-Princess and Krista part of the Court!

Olivia and Bruni-Prom Prince and Princess
Olivia's group of friends went to one of their houses for a pool/slumber party. It sounds like they didn't sleep too much but I know my caramel bars (or Caramel DeLites as the kids call them!) were a hit-my container came home empty. She had a great time with friends and everyone loved her dress. Prom was a success! I'll leave you with this lovely picture of Olivia and Krista posing in Wegmans on their way to Matt's house...I think they are the reigning "Miss. Wegmans" :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Em for posting about Olivia's junior prom! It WAS a great dress for her!
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete