Monday, November 7, 2011

The End of an Era

This spring the youngest of the Howard Family successfully completed his three years at Newark Middle School and is now a high school freshman. This is the first and only year that Olivia and Grant will be in the same school building!

In June, the 8th graders are honored at a celebration ceremony and then head off to the gym for the much anticipated 8th Grade Dance. I shan't regale you with the whole sad story of my 8th Grade Dance (picture 8th grade Student Council me-a la Patty Simcox-the last to leave setting up/decorating the gym only to attend the dance alone...at least I had an awesome new dress-from the Limited and sweet brown Mary Janes from Nine West-which I still kind of wish I had!) but I will state that I am very glad the powers that be decided to combine the "graduation"/awards ceremony with the dance. This (mostly) puts an end to the over-the-top dramatics that used to happen-dates, flowers, dinner out before the dance, limos etc.!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the Ceremony because a production I was in opened the following weekend and I had rehearsal. I did, however, snap some very dapper pictures of Grant on my new camera before I had to take off!
8th Grade Celebration!

Posing with Mom and Dad!

different tie!


Grant wasn't sure which tie but ended up with the dark blue one...it brings out his lovely blue eyes! :) Mom and Dad said that it was a very nice ceremony. Congrats to Grant!

No comments:

Post a Comment